It has been rainy and cold around here lately. Tomorrow we are supposed to get 1-2 in. of snow, yeah! So, needless to say, we have found indoor activities for many of the last 10-12 days.
Last week we were talking about the letter 'P' and the sound it makes. One of the activities we did to help learn how to write a 'P', was to use chocolate syrup on a plate to make a few. Well, needless to say, Emily was loving this activity.
Last week some friends from our Neighborhood were supposed to come over to play, but ended up not being able to. That morning I decided to make chicken salad for them for lunch. My girl loves chicken salad. By the way, she asked for some on "wheat thins". Here she has just said "Mmmm, this is Yuuummmyyy". She can tell you all the ingredients for this salad, if you ever want to make any.
Ems and I met some friends at Jump Zone last week. Those kids had a blast! The last time we went (this summer), Emily was not very impressed, and expressed that by crying for almost an hour while we were there. She "jumped" right in this time, we will be going back!


It might not come as a huge surprise to know that Troy and I have had our struggles this year. Mainly because of some insecurities of mine:
*Let me be real here for a second. I have struggled with insecurities all of my stinkin' life. I allowed those insecurities to rule much of my teenage and college years, which meant BAD choices, real bad. The year Troy and I were married, God healed me from most of that..."crap" (is about the best word I can come up with) and I begin to break free from some of the insecurities; although never gone, because lets face it, this side of Heaven we will ALL struggle with some amount of insecurity. After Emily's fall, they begin to creep back in, and I have been in not so great places over the last 8-9 mths, making it very difficult for my sweet husband, who is human and has his own set of issues, to love me perfectly (imagine that). ;)*
Although I am speaking prematurely, we are in a healing place right now and it is sweet. We are asking God for and expecting the best year of marriage yet, this upcoming year. We have chosen to get some good Godly counseling/new perspective, and feel like it has and will continue to be "life changing" for us. I believe that God is calling us both to deeper places with Him, and if He so chooses this time to bring us to that closeness, it will have all been worth it. Lord Jesus Come Quickly!
So if you know my husband, you know how funny he is. This is the card I opened this Anniversary...
I have barely stopped laughing at it. Apparently when he got home, Monday, he realized that he did not pick up an Anniversary card, so he "made it into one".
The inside says: "Draw strength from knowing others care about you" - Troy added "-on our anniversary"..."Happy Anniversary Honey, this card really sucks. I see that now, but it is too late."
Okay now I am cracking up all over again. That man can make me laugh like no one else can, and I love him with my whole heart. Baby, I am honored to be your wife.
Yesterday Emily made Valentines for her grandparents. She loves to glue things and color.
It was supposed to be a 14 layer cake, but ended up only being 13. Apparently, this is more of a Southern dessert, but if you grew up going to many "covered dishes" you have probably had a slice or two of this kind of cake. But, I only own 2-9 inch pans (that are exactly the same), so it took me quite a while to bake these layers. 2 hours and 20 mins to be exact.
And, because this looks unpolished, I found a type that said to cover with Dark Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting to make it look more like this...
By the way, this cake (including icing) took a whopping:
7 sticks of butter
6 eggs
6.5 cups of sugar
I can't even begin to count the calories on this one, but I am sure that neither you or I want to know.
No comments:
Post a Comment