Ems was so small and her attention span was not very long), and it was a puppet show. This year, the first program was Farmer Jason, singing about farm songs. As soon as we went into the theatre, she asked if we were there for the puppets. I was astounded that she remembered them, and vowed that we would do our best to go the week they would be there (of course it happened to be the last week of the programs). This year we saw: Farmer Jason, Roger Day, The Animal Man (with the snake), and...finally today the puppets.
Anxiously awaiting the puppets show to start...
She was glued the entire time. Several times she said: "mommy! They are so funny!"
Funny Emily Sayings:
The other night when mom was here, Emily explained to mom that our washing machine was on the fritz b/c "mommy puts too many clothes in there" (Ahemm...daddy should watch what he says, don't you think?... ;) )
She told me yesterday "mommy, I am pretty sure that I love you", Pretty sure I love her too...
When mom was reading Bernstein Bears to her, she asked why Sister Bear had a mad look on her face (she is very interested in facial expressions (especially if the person looks mad or angry), has been for quite some time). Mom explained that sister bear was just listening intently to Mother Bear explain something. Emily promptly stated "Oh, she's is saying, like 'what in the heck'". I wondered where she got that from until I heard myself say it the next day.
Emily has adjusted well to our sweet Benny Boy. Look at her shielding his eyes from the flash...
No comments:
Post a Comment