We absolutely loved this beach trip. Most everyday we would eat bfast, go to the pool (the 12k sq foot lagoon pool that I did not snap 1 picture of!) , eat lunch, let Bennie Boo nap while Ems and I headed back to the pool, and then hit the beach from 4 - 6pm, supper, bedtime, repeat!
Emily is swimming, I mean really swimming, like a fish. She loves the water and has gotten pretty good. I am very thankful that Troy took her to the gym all winter so that she did not forget what she learned last summer.
Ben, loved the water, ocean, birds, airplanes and helicopters, and, loved to play in the sand. When he wanted the sand off of his hands, he wanted it off right then. I discovered that if I had a clean bucket of water for his to rinse his hands, he did much better.
Here he is, rinsing his hands...
Troy and Ems did this, a lot. I apparently was not as fun b/c I am so short, the waves would slash in her face. Ben did let me take him out several times a day, but only for 10 mins at a time.
Emily, my social butterfly, made a new friend each day. We also had the pleasure of seeing a family from Vestavia, which was kind of neat, they taught her many things about "sea slugs", "thinga-ma-giggers", "crabs", and much more. They were a little older, so she hung on their every word!
One evening, they decided, when it was time to leave, to "chase" in the sand. This made for 4 lbs of sand in each ones bathing suit. Thank goodness I try to leave my OCD nature at home on vacation while I am on vacation, I am sure my family appreciates it.
Morning Coffee...
...and cuteness
Sunrise I ran to everyday. Overlooking Rosemary Beach cottages
One night we enjoyed the children's theater in Seaside. Troy is laughing b/c he could not get his bottle of wine open...
Emily loved Snow White.
Bfast at the Donut Hole. A MUST visit if you are ever close to Santa Rosa
I won't say exactly how many days we enjoyed donuts, but there WAS a "donut truck" only 1 mile from our condo, which we frequented more times than I like to admit. This truck (in an airstream camper), opens its window at 6:30am, and runs out of donuts by around 8am everyday. So, you must go early.
Playground in Alys Beach
Nature Trail in Alys
Annual, drag my family to the pottery place, tell them it will only take and hour or so, and spend 3 hours making our pottery,...day.
Sour lemons.
Ice cream treat for indulging me in my pottery expedition.
Something about Ice cream goes straight to my kids silly/crazy wires. Ben immediately began dancing after he finished!
Can you believe this awesome sand castle? After sunset we caught some teenage boys trampling it. Troy might have called them a name or two. Emily was very upset that they knocked it down. Teenagers!
No comments:
Post a Comment