Thursday, May 15, 2014

School Break

Choosing to home-school has MANY benefits.  I get to watch my children learn, provide undivided attention when they need it, do life WITH them, many times re-learn or learn things for the first with with them.  Mostly I just get to BE with them.  Don't get me wrong.  I am normal (at least I tell myself that...daily) and have moments when I want to be far far away from them (because they know just how to drive me crazy), but at the end of the day, I always wish I had more time with them (less cleaning and such).  I long for the day when they can even do things like cooking and cleaning with me (they help cook now, but only if I make them).  We also have downsides, like me having make them do some work when they would rather be playing, but as much as possible I try to make school fun!  There is also the personality traits that they have been blessed to inherit that are the same, or similar to my own...this can sometimes pose challenges during the school day.  Even in this, God teaches me SO much about myself and areas where I can grow.  So, one thing we memorized this year was the entire chapter of 1 Corinthians 13, and during those tough moments, I remember:  Love always hopes, love always trust, love always perseveres, love NEVER fails.  And THAT is Gods grace and truth each day.


Math



Art



Science


History



More science!!





And trade school...


So we are done for the year (although we will still do math and reading all summer), and now I can put my "official teacher" hat aside for a few weeks!

No comments:

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson