Saturday, August 22, 2015

Summer 2015 - Updated!

I am getting real slow at these updates.  So sorry to my family who enjoys reading and seeing all about my kids!

Lots of helping to get ready for Ben's party.  I love to watch them love each other!



Emily's tutor, Ms. Katie at Classical Conversations
 

Ben turned 5!



Bens end of the year baseball party.  Baseball Donuts


We ate MANY, TOO Many popsicles...if that's possible!


We took a quick trip to the ocean.  Many fun times there!  We love the white sand







Of course the grass needed cutting...



Played Hard!


My birthday surprise party from some pretty awesome home school moms.



Celebrating our CC directors birthday.  Someone might have tricked her here, and I needed to document...

Our bounty from the garden

Summer days require plenty of Popsicles!

Our beloved McWane has expanded their preschool play area.  We love it!  We could spend ours learning, having imaginary fun and being silly here.

Our annual summer trip to Ozark includes a stop at chikfila on the way home, topped with freshly picked blueberries from my families farm.

Water World

We enjoyed a few outings with our Classical Conversations community

Emily got her wish one morning to hold a bird.  She is quite the nature lover.  One morning this little fella ended up on our porch as the mommy Tow-hee was encouraging all of the babies to "fly the coop"  (in the instance of this particular species, they do not "fly the coop" but rather hop out and hop on the ground for days before actually flying).  Emily picked him up and placed him closed to his hopping family.



Hiking trips, of course


We started school at the end of June (we kindof do a year-round schedule, this affords us several breaks through the year, it works for us, and that's what matters!)
 Emily - rd, Ben - Kindergartner, Norah - Just learning all she can!  ;)

Troy and I enjoyed  5 days in Montreal, Quebec.  My awesome parents came to be with the kids! 






We ate a lot ya'll


This was a real person, painted as a statue.  She was super impressive.
  Notre Dame Basilica -  Montreal

In July we celebrated our babies 3rd birthday.  It is real hard to believe.

 She is so full of life and JOY.  She is funny, and energetic and rules the roost.  She is our blonde.  She says things 800 times before she is heard, we are working on that.  She is so kind, and aims to be obedient.

Funny/notable things about this age and stage in your life.

During school hours, you can be entertained breifly then typically sneak off upstairs.  We will find you with a kindle, Ipad, or candy.

You love to paint your turtles.  Almost everyday, I draw a turtle for you to paint.  When I framed one and hung it in your room, you were genuinely delighted and thrilled.

You are a servant at heart.  If I ask for help, you are quick to offer!  I love this about you.  We spend many hours in the kitchen together.

You love to eat hummus and pita bread, avocado, and pizza.

Favorite sayings:  :I want to rock in de chair"; "Can I watch a nova one"; "I need my swim soup", " Mommy go out!  I need my privacy"; "Mommy, wook, its an Ah-Ah- Adam", "how much lownga"; "Actually..."  "I can't quite reach mommy". "Oh YEAYA!"







Thats all folks.  I have many more pics on my phone.  I will dump those on here soon.

1 comment:

Faye Brown said...

I know your life is sooo full but I love the updates. Do you know how amazing, beautiful and precious your children are? Emily is so you. Ben is so Troy. And, Norah is so Norah and what a precious Norah she is. Of course they do have great genes, especially the ones they inherited from Grandma. :)

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson