Emily enjoyed sweet potatoes, butter beans, and chicken...all her favorites.
Sunday we went to watch the Mercedes Marathon. Several of our friends were running it this year (either the half or whole). Most all of them had PR's for the race. Way to go Cheryl, Nate, Lori, Bart, Dave, Lynn, Steve, Kathy, and many others I am probably missing!
These guys crack me up. We see them running every Saturday (not typically strutting in these tu-tu's). They are super fast runners, even with all of this garb on. Funny side note: The guy on the left, wearing the red leotard, and pink tu-tu, helped us try and fix a flat we had on our jogging stroller a few months back. Super nice guy!
Then my camera went dead (story of my life), so I could not get pictures of the others *sigh*...
After church we met my Aunt Pam to pick up this yummy cake that my grandmother made (ignore the bites already taken, I was very excited about this cake):
My grandmother (Emily's Meme) made it for her. She always made them for us when we were little. How sweet for her to make one for Emily. My grandfather has, late stages, Alzheimer's, and my grandmother is his primary care giver, so needless to say, it was a sacrifice for her to make a cake. I believe that she made one for all of her great-grands (7 in all!!). She is an amazing women!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment