Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Random

So Emily loves to help me cook. Here she is helping assemble grilled cheese to go with our Brunswick stew.


We went to see Curious George at the McWane Center this weekend. Emily watches him almost everyday, if she is up in time.

And, it was 63 degrees yesterday! 63! After a month of never rising above freezing, we were out side like a flash. We headed over to the neighborhood park and pond (spent more time at the pond than the park), and stayed for 2 hours. Emily and I could be outside all day in these kinds of temps. Anyway, when we got home, we saw "hyde" coming from the neighbors house, so I called him to us, but when he got close, I realized it was not Hyde.

She was a black, pit bull/lab mix, and I was worried that my husband was going to adopt her. He put up around 50 signs and bathed her. Her owner called last night and picked her up around 9:30pm. Thank God, because I did not want another dog! Funny thing is, Emily could hardly tell them apart. She would ask "who's that ... is that Hyde or the other dog"?

Speaking of Emily. Not sure when the transition took place, but I realized about 2 months ago, that there is not one thing that I can say that she does not understand (if it is a word she has never heard, I just explain it, and she will ask an applicable question). There is also not one thing she says that I don't understand.

I am in awe most days in the things that come out of her mouth. (yesterday we started talking about matches (not exact matches, she knows those, these were "whats the most similar match", and she interrupted me and said: "Those two things go together, because they are both houses" - they were both houses, but they looked different, and I was getting to the fact that, just because they are not exactly alike, they are still the most similar. As I tried to say that again, she interrupted and said "um, and those two things are both boats" - SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE SHE LEARNED THIS STUFF!)

She sings full songs now, and has for over a month. I just can't even keep up with her. I love this age, and I think I have loved every age, since she was born, but the last six months have been a BLAST!

And, as you can barely see in the picture above, we finally took delivery of our couch. We love it, and I LOVE this ottoman (4 drawers of toy storage!!).

1 comment:

Mark, Stacy, Sara, & Katie Rhoads said...

i love your new couch and ottoman--where did you get them. i would really like four drawers of storage :)

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson