Tuesday, January 26, 2010

So...More randomness

Lets face it, our lives are just random these days. That's life with a toddler, and I love it. I vowed a while back to try and get Emily connected with other children, at least two times a week (outside of church), since she is not in a MDO program. So far this year, I am doing really well at that attempt.



Last week, we went to the zoo with the twins and their sweet new baby sister (did not get a great pic of her but she is adorable and only 2 weeks old at the time, and I could love her, squeeze her, and eat her up). Anyway, the weather was gorgeous last week. We wanted to take full advantage, and the kids were awesome.





I just loved this pic of Sophia...

This is right after Sophia told Ems that she was not tall enough to stick her head through and Ems said "yes I am, watch". So funny. The twins are a little over 1 year older than Ems, so quite a bit taller than her.


Later in the week, we went to our friend "M"'s house to celebrate her birthday. We took Strawberry cupcakes, which were not that great, but the company was and we were glad to get to spend some time with her. We have not been able to see her since before Christmas. "M" scored one of these jumping castles for Christmas, and the girls had a blast jumping and sliding.










In sewing news, I am learning to applique (my embroidery arm can do it, but right now I am learning how to stitch it with just the machine). This is a bad picture, but one of my first tries. I think its pretty cute, don't you? This shirt was just being used as an undershirt (and still can be), so I put this sweet little birdie on it to doll it up a tad.




With the help of my soul mate Jenn, ;) we also picked out the bedding fabric for "my little baby brover". I am thrilled about it! Not in a huge hurry to sew it, but so excited!

And lastly I leave you with three quotes from Ems this weekend that made me laugh my heiney off:

1) Yesterday she was pretending to chew gum. When I asked her what was in her mouth, she replied: "I am chewing gum...its from Pubwix....its pretty tastey".

2) Sunday she was helping me get ready for my class at church and found a new toy and said: "mom, wook at this...its kinda cool". (Really, cool, where did she get that).

3) At the library yesterday, she hauled off and slapped me, in the face, for trying to help her on the computer. I picked her up and took her to the bathroom to spank her. Before I spanked her little heiney, I asked her to tell me why she hit me (we always try to sit and talk about the situation before a spanking for two reasons. a) to make sure we are calm b) to make sure she understands why she is being disciplined). Her reply: "umm...let me think about it", and put her pointer on her chin, tapping it, as if she was really trying to decide why. I had to keep myself from laughing.

This girl is one of the biggest joys of my life.

Wait, one more thing, and totally unrelated. I follow this blog. She is a friend of Jenn's from college, and she is very crafty. I love to learn new things from other people and she gives awesome tutorials. Anyway, she blogged a week or so ago about a couple who were having to deliver their baby at 26wks (I am there now, can you believe it??), because of a complication with the pregnancy. Here is a picture she posted yesterday of that sweet baby.



I can't believe that my baby looks similar, except all curled up inside. Anyway, please pray for this family if you think of them.

No comments:

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson