Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Someone else had a Birthday!

My baby girl turned 4 on Oct 1.  *sniff *sniff, *tear.  I cannot believe how the time has flown by.  Really, I cannot believe it.  She will exceed me in height in just a few days, I am sure of it.  She really is such a joy to be around.  She has a heart of compassion and mercy, she loves her friends, she has a joy of learning.  Her favorite things to do these days:  be read to, pretend play, chase, hide-and-go-seek, be outside, draw/color.  She began reading on her own over the summer (I highly recommend "Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons - it was recommended to be by a teacher, and it is amazing); however, she still prefers to be read to.  She is doing great in our home school curriculum, and is really a joy to teach and watch learn new things. 

Her retention of information and of past memories blows me away and also scares me to death b/c I think back to times when I have been less that patient (times that I hope she would not remember).  But I just ask the Lord to let those seeds fall on rocky soil.  She said the other day "mom, remember when you said that too loud, you know back when I was 3".  *sigh Yes, I did remember, and I had to ask her to forgive me once again, and pray for mercy and grace to love her the way Jesus does.  She is his prized possession, and mine.  I tell her that often so that I can remember in times of frustration.

She is very much like me, in that she gets her mind set on something.  This will come in very handy one day, for now it can be a challenge!  :)  We are learning how to discipline, train and correct by Gods grace.  Boy do we need wisdom.  Mostly she is a very obedient child though, and for that I am thankful!

Do you get this dressed up for breakfast?  I know some of you do!

 Birthday cupcakes at Mawmaws


On her Birthday, I ran the Montgomery Half Marathon.  We spent the night at Mawmaw and Pawpaw's in Montgomery, and woke up early to go downtown for the race.  She snapped this pic of Troy and I before the race.



Here is my little encourager, waving and cheering on all the runners.



Bart and I at Mile 9.5


Cutie!


Playing after the race was over.



We invited her friends to join us for some play time at the park that afternoon.  I brought a strawberry cake to share.  (apparently she did not really care for the icing on said cake).



Sweet friend "r" made Emily a card and crown.  This gal has talent!



After most went home, we stayed for Ems to open up her skates and try them out (since we live on a hill).  Then we had a little racing fun with our friends S & S.



Later we opened her presents (even though we asked people not to give her any!).  And had some bubble fun!




And, did I tell you how much fun this mondo grass is?  Seriously people, if you don't have any, it is a wise investment.  Your kids will love it!


Ben just like laying down in it.  I think I will try putting him down for a nap there today!

No comments:

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson