Sunday, December 4, 2011

Some Things We Love About Our Grandma

We feel so very blessed that my mom "rocks" being a grandma!  She comes up once a month in order for me to go to Montgomery a work a full day.  She has them from about 6:30am until I get home around 6:30pm, and she is going strong the entire time.  Some things we especially love:

*She ALWAYS has fun!

*She maintains our house rules (only bending a little, b/c of course, she IS Grandma)

*She gets Emily's Preschool done every time so that we are not behind, and makes it FUN

*She never complains

*She reads them stories

*She reinforces the biblical virtues we are trying to teach them

*And, of course, she bounces down the stairs with the kids, as if it doesn't hurt!

Here is a blurry picture of the stair in action!!



On other awesome thing that both my parents do, is purchase a McWane membership for our family each year as our Christmas present for the kids.  They also get small gifts to open, but this is their big present and we LOVE it.  We use it ALL year long.  If you are trying to figure out what your parents can get our kids, here is my suggestion.

So a few pictures from McWane to end our "We Love Grandma" post.




BTW - we love you too Dad!!

1 comment:

Faye Brown said...

As I returned home from a blessed morning in Worship. (We had an awesome day!) God lead me to open up your blog just to see the new picture of my two sweet angels in Birmingham and then I read this post. Oh, how blessed I am. I can't describe how good God has been to me or how much I love my babies. Thank you for honoring me with this post. Believe me when I say, each day with them is entirely my pleasure and blessing. I love you, Mom

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson