Monday, November 5, 2012

5 Years Old

My baby girl is 5! I really cannot believe it.  She has grown so fast, but in so many ways she acts older than 5 to me.  Time.Slow.Down!
 
I feel incredibly blessed to be able to stay at home with my kids, and to home school Emily.  She is very bright and we have such a good time together most everyday.  Not to say that we don't have our struggles (as Troy would say, "she is just like you",which translates to, we battle wills at times), but the times, good and challenging, have grown me, and hopefully will impact her in a positive way. 
 
Emily is still compassionate, and passionate.  A quick moment in the life of:  One day Emily was being a tad rough with Ben, Norah and our dog, Mr. Hyde.  I sent her to her room, because I was ...ahem...frustrated.  :)  After about 5 minutes, I went into her room to talk to her about being more gentle.  When I asked her "Emily why do you think you are having a tough time being gentle today".  She replied:  "mommy, I have been thinking about it, and its just the way God made me".  God spoke to me in that moment.  She was right.  God did make her that way.  He made her mommy the say way, passionate.  We prayed that moment and everyday since that God would help us to channel that passion into things that He wants her to be passionate about.  To be passionate in a way that is good and produces good fruit.  We can still be passionate and gentle at the same time.  I am so very thankful that Emily has the Holy Spirit living in her, and that she is beginning to listen to its voice.  What a blessing!  She is an amazing little girl!
 
Emily loves to read, pretend play, play with friends (which does not happen very often any more since most of them are in kindergarten this year), and be outdoors.
 
Emily loves her friends and cares deeply for them.  I am reminded of when one of her friends broke their collar bone this summer.  When we found out, she immediately wanted to take them something.  I suggested ice cream, and she remembered their favorite kind.
 
She has an amazing memory.  She is always blowing my mind at the things she remembers.  Just this week she was telling someone that she remembered what they gave her for her birthday last year.  I asked what she remembered and she said "beads", and she was right.  I had even forgotten!
 
I love her so much, and thank God for her everyday.  I cherish these years!
 
 
For their birthday, we let them choose their meals.  She chose Panera for Breakfast

 Reading her birthday card.  How fun that she can read to us!




Then we all went to the McWane Center, her choice, and daddy came too!!!

 
For lunch, since we were still out, she chose Zoe's, and the dinner request was quesadillas.
 
 
We had a small family party at Troy's parents the weekend after her birthday.
 
 


1 comment:

mjs said...

so sweet! you're doing a phenomenal job, mama! xoxo!

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson