Monday, November 5, 2012

Princess Party

 
Since I only plan to have  "party" every 3-5 years or so, I decided to put much effort into this party.  Emily really desired a Princess Party, in true 5 year old fashion.  So, as much as I detest the vanity in the theme I went with it.  One evening, as I was printing and planning, God gave me an idea to make it more about where our true beauty come from.  So, He gave me verses that went with every "station" that I was planning to have. 
 
On the front door, I posted a sign that said, "Welcome Princesses, you are a Daughter of the King, therefore you are a Princess". 
 
We, of course, had food.  And a Yummy cake and cupcakes from AbbyKakes
 
 




At the "wand Perfecting" station, God gave me a verse about his Seaptor being the everlasting one.

At the "Princess Spa" where they had their fingers and toes painted, the verse was how beautiful the feet are that bring good news.  And the Proverbs 31 verse that says, beauty is fleeting but a woman whho fears the Lord is to be praised.


At "Castle Cookies" the verse talked about how great the feast in heaven will be.



At "Royal Tutu Fitting", the verse was about the princess' gown being interwoven with gold.






They each received "Coupon books" to tell them which station to go to at what time and it listed the verses, instead of the "name" of the station.

Lastly we all got back together for a story.  I read a Beth Moore book called The Daughter of the King.


I asked each girl to write something they loved about Emily on this chalkboard











I thought Emily enjoyed herself, and, although it was a bit of work,I would do it all over again for my girl.

1 comment:

mjs said...

this is THE BEST party i've heard of! may steal it when harper's old enough! :)

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson