I know I say this almost every year, but marriage is hard. Real hard. But through the hard parts, there is always a lesson; a shaping/molding if you will of my spirit, my character, my faith. Most recently I am learning what it truly means to submit/accept that God is to be trusted. There is a resting place that comes in this deep trust in God and faith that He has my best interest at heart. I have begun to experience this rest and peace like never before. It is nice, real nice. It is peace, real peace.
I have so far to go. So many areas in my life I cling to like a life rope saving me from tumbling down the mountain. Slowly I am letting go of those ropes and holding onto the only One who can really save me.
For now, I celebrate my marriage. I am so thankful for this man that God gave me. He is an amazing, hard working, funny, gifted servant. He is flawed, but so am I. I would not trade him for anything. He makes me smile and laugh and I know that God chose him for me.
We went to Tampa for our 11th anniversary. It was cold and rainy. We were able to relax and enjoy our conversation. We enjoyed amazing meals and a few movies.
My awesome parents came up to watch the kids so we could get away. Thank you guys! We are so grateful for how willing you are to give of yourselves and your time!
Now for the very few pictures I snapped (all from my phone)
I took this pic b/c my brother used to work for this company and lived in Tampa for a year...
we frequented this coffee shop and this cat frequented Troys lap...
I should really apply makeup more often...we had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries...
Dinner, with makeup (don't I look more alive in this pic???)
Again with the cat...
The day we left, Mr. Sun showed up and it was a beautiful 73 degrees...
And, when I got home, I needed to do laundry...
My kiddos while we were away. My parents are awesome! (Norah looks real unimpressed by this photo op). To the far right you can see some of Norahs handy work (Have I mentioned she tears up everything???)
So, if you are struggling through marriage. Take heart. God wants you to have a good marriage. Sometimes you have to let go of your desire to change your spouse and enjoy who he or she is already. God will do a number on your heart, and hopefully in the process, your spouse will see the change in you.










No comments:
Post a Comment