I drove to Mtgy, left Emily with her Aunt Stacy and Mawmaw, and headed for my meetings. Once they were completed, I picked up some lunch and headed back to Stacy's. Jane and I ate while Emily was taking one of her longest naps ever, away from home. (Typically she will take 1.5 - 2 hour naps at home, but away from home, she usually wakes up after an hour). Jane had put her down around 11am, and it was almost 1pm, WOW!
They were telling me how fussy she had been, which I thought was a tad strange, but she is teething, so I thought maybe that was it. When I picked her up, fed her, changed her, she would fuss a little bit. As I was carrying things out to the van, Jane noticed that she was not moving her right arm, and when ever she would touch it, Emily would fuss.
To make this long story, not as long as I could obviously make it (I am on my 4th paragraph)...; Emily had a dislocated elbow, called "nursemaids elbow". The cutest thing was when I was sitting in the Doctors office, waiting, she was as happy as could be, swinging her good arm around and talking. Once he popped the other one back into place, she almost immediately began using both arms to play with toys. The only time she fussed was when someone would touch that area.
Afterwards we went to Bart and Kathy's and had a terrific steak dinner. After dinner, Troy showed up, surprise, and completed the evening.
Thank you Father for interesting Birthdays, a Precious Healthy child, and awesome husband, friends that I would give most anything for, and our sweet families.
Thursday night we celebrated with dinner at The Fish Market with Nate and Cheryl, followed by ice cream at Brusters, Yummy!
Tonight (Saturday) I get to go hang out with the Walsh's and the Rhoades's for dinner. It is turning out to be a birthday I will not soon forget!
1 comment:
Happy birthday Girl!!!
Wilson had the same thing with his elbow when he was younger. We almost took him to emergency room becaseu it was at night, but he slept all night, avoiding it, and then we took him to the doc. Same thing.. immediate relief. He even taught us how to fix it if it happens again. He said when it happens, that child may be prone to it!! So don't be surprised if it ever happened again.
Glad it turned out to be a fun couple of days! :)
Post a Comment