This weekend was filled with together-ness, my favorite thing in the world. Friday we had pizza with several friends to carbo-load for our big training run on Saturday (24 miles). It was the longest Troy and I have ever run. Wow, it took forever. Our sweet friend Sheila kept Emily for us during the run, and we were walking rubber afterwards.







We then came home and I cleaned the house (keep in mind that my legs do much better if I "keep going" all day, rather than lay around, although all I really feel like doing, is laying around), and made dinner for some friends who came over that night. I made the best Salmon (if I do say so myself), that I have ever made. It is not hard to make Salmon, so I don't want to make too much of it, but I made this white sauce to go with it that was Delish. I also made Asparagus, and red potatoes, and salad. I bought a frozen Apple pie for dessert, it was also very good.
Sunday, Troy and I got up and took a stroll with Emily and Hyde, with our coffee, it was a beautiful morning (this is a habit we want to start daily, when he is home). Church, for a terrific service (have I said how much I love our church?), to lunch, with coupon. Then to Dicks Sporting goods for new running shoes, with coupon. Great fun! That afternoon I finished off my garden, finally.
What a perfect weekend. Good company, good exercises, time with the Lord, time with my family, oh, and good gifts! Thanks Baby!
My Mothers Day Gift...
Me and Emily Working in the Garden...
Mr. Hyde Helped some...
Sit Here....
Oh, this looks good...
Gatden Before and many weeks After...
No comments:
Post a Comment