The 18 Month picture is in the bottom middle, also listed: 1mth, 3mth, 6mth, 9mth, 12mth, 15mth..

Happy that she is not in the chair!
Cutie..
One second mom...
Can we go outside now?
We had her 18mth check-up yesterday, and she was weighed on the big girl scale. At first it freaked her out, but daddy managed to get her to stand still long enough to get her weight: 24lbs, and 14oz.
After two shots.

Dr. Stone was very please with Emily's progress. While he was examining her, and she was letting him know that she did not like it, Troy was trying to advert your attention, he got Emily to say "happy". When Dr. Stone was finished with the physical exam, he asked us to get her to say more words if we could. Emily really showed off for him. I was beaming with pride at how smart she is. He did make fun of how she says Mawmaw and Pawpaw (with a long "w" at the end), which she immediately adds Dewey to (this is mawmaw's cat).
One thing that Emily is doing right now that I think is so cute, and such an indicator of her outgoing personality; she says "hi" and "bye" to everything. Granted not so much to people, because she is still a tad shy, but at home she says "hi bubbles", "bye bubbles", "hi clock", "bye clock", "hi Hyde", "bye Hyde", to almost everything. Precious. Augh, I just love this stage.
She can count to 10 (missing 4, and 7), She can recite her alphabet up to the letter "c" (hee, hee), she will say: a is for "apple", b is for "ball"..all the way to Z, with the exception of 3-4 letters, she says more words than I can count, and understands about 40 words in sign language (although she only uses a handful of signs now that she can verbalize everything). She can sing many songs that I have sung to her all her life. If I leave out a word, she will fill it in. Okay, done bragging. Hope you don't mind, I just can't get over this child!
We are also in full discipline mode. We keep the spoon nearby at all times. She is much like her momma, so we are just working on training her to understand that she is the child and we are the parents.
Dr. Stone suggested that we get rid of the Pacy as soon as possible, so that is going to be a fun ride. Not sure exactly when we will do that. I am not looking forward to it. I think it might be harder on me than her. Any advice from mothers who have done this, feel free to leave it as a comment.
Tata for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment