Thursday, October 1, 2009

2 Years Old

Em's is officially 2 today. She has been telling people that she is "almost 2" for weeks now, and today, she finally turned over a new year. She said last night before bed that it was "so exciting" that her birthday was today. She is such a doll and full of life. Sometimes I cannot believe the things that come out of her mouth. (BTW - this is a terrible picture, I did not take it until tonight and the lighting is awful, I will have a do-over tomorrow, if she cooperates)




Brags about Ems:

She counts to 20 and knows 1-5 by recognition, knows all of her ABC's by song and by recognition, knows probably 100 signs even though she only uses 20 or so, she can sing so many songs all the way through I just can't get over it and how sweet it is to hear her sing the name of Jesus warms my heart, she is potty trained although she still wears diapers at night and nap time.

This child is compassionate and caring. She will see a person crying, either in person or in a book, and be so concerned that she cannot hardly focus on anything else. She genuinely wants to pray for people, every day, without prompting. We always bless, pray for her at night and before we are even done, she is asking "I anna pray ..." for someone, and often it is someone who needs it (back in June or July, our friend Paul was in the hospital for a few days and she obviously overheard us discussing him b/c she asked to pray for him that night). I cannot get over this gift that she has, and feel so blessed that God has chosen to place such a heart of compassion in my sweet child.


So what did we do on this "day of celebration":


Ate cake for breakfast...



Went to the zoo for fun...




Went to Chik-fil-a for lunch (this is when my camera died, of course so I have no pictures from there)...



Had cake after dinner, of course...

1 comment:

lizzy said...

Happy Birthday Emily! We love you!!

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson