Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sweet Guest























Last week we had the sweetest family stay with us. Their little newborn boy was making an extended visit to the Children's Hospital NICU, so we hosted them so that they could be closer to their little angel (they reside in Mtgy).

I had the pleasure of keeping their 18 mth old all week. She was a doll! Emily was like a new big sister to her, and Emily loved "taking" care of little "M".
I truly felt blessed all week by this families presence. I felt that God had a hand in the entire way we met, and blessed that we were able to serve them. God knows that any one of us could be in the exact situation that they were in at any moment in our lives. They had the humility that God talks about in Psalms 147:6, the hope that he talks about here Psalms 33:20-21 , kindness found here Colossians 3:12 , and joy found here James 1:2.
I felt that God was giving me a glimpse of what having two might be like, and I loved it. Emily was so sweet to "M". It was exciting to realize just how much Emily is able to do. She will be a tremendous helper when the baby comes. There were times that I asked her to go close a certain door, and she would and I would sit and think, "wow, even 6 months ago, she probably could not, or would not have done that". All this to say, I am getting even more excited about our little jellybean now.

1 comment:

mjs said...

Ok, I haven't seen any of these posts? Where were they? Where was I? :) Weird. Thanks for your note! Yes, I would LOVE to catch up with you in Birmingham! Its pretty much a work weekend because we'll be painting and decorating my friend Hayley's new house, but I can sneak away to have lunch! Maybe Saturday (Dec. 12)? You won't get to meet little man unfortunately because he's staying in VA with his Gigi, but I'm looking forward to meeting little Miss Ems!

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson