Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter


Easter weekend was busy but such a blessing. We feel very blessed to have wonderful friends here that feel more like family. This is the second year that we hosted Easter lunch at our house with several of our other friends who are "orphaned" (without extended family in town). This year we had 21 and it was a full house. I loved it. Can't wait to do it again next year, hopefully in a new house. Maybe next year I will have cutsie egg decorations, they totally did not make the cut this year.



Saturday morning, it rained, so Ems and I began preparing the food.


Kneading dough...


Chocolate chip cookies...


Buttering the rolls...



Dying eggs




Easter morning I woke her up and brought her down to her basket. She was thrilled to eat a chocolate bunny for breakfast. Over breakfast we re-told the resurrection story and Troy asked me to explain to her how the eggs and bunnies played into it. Turkey...
Yummy bunny...


Ems and Mya enjoying the fruit...



The beautiful singles.


The Brookin's with a few of Jarred's friends from college. So glad they could come join us.



My sweet, precious family.


Hunting for eggs


Emily screaming "I found one, I found one"!


Egg hunt onlookers...

I just love how the dogwoods in our area bloomed the week of Easter. We have several in our yard so I explained the "legend" to Emily. Every time she sees one, she says "they put one of those on Jesus' head". :) She is my doll.

We are going to plant our veggies this weekend. Emily quickly informed me last night: "how about we plant and bunch of strawberries and banana's", "oh and some leaves, you know like lettuce mommy". Which got me thinking that I wasn't planning to plant anything she she really likes to eat, so now I am thinking of planting some different things.

Baby update: had my 36 wk check yesterday. All looked good. Heart rate was 124 (slowing down a bit), and I was 1cm 50% effaced (for those who care).

We are having awesome weather here in the Ham, hope you are enjoying your weather too. We are planning to swim today (yipee!!!).

1 comment:

Faye Brown said...

I loved the picture of Emily buttering the rolls. I don't know if you remember going into the church on Wednesday's when your Grandmother and Mrs. Bess used to cook for church supper. Mrs. Bess always put you on the counter and let you butter the rolls. She called it painting the rolls. You would run in and announce, "Mrs. Bess, I'm here to "pank" the rolls." Thanks for the sweet memory. I love you, Mom

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson