Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 246-251 9/4-9/9

 Day 246 - I was working in Montgomery this day, but, of course, my mom "the most awesome Grandma in the World" was here to spend time with the kids and help them with their creative side.  Emily made "kites" for everyone.


Day 247 - Ben, showing off his kite, and his new sock obsession


Day 248 - We met some new/old friends at the park.  Shana and I used to work together at Lighthouse in Montgomery.  She and her family have recently moved to the Ham, and we had the pleasure of meeting her sweet girls, and she got to meet my sweets!



We decided we should have attempted a group photo BEFORE everyone was exhausted!  :)


Day 249 - Saturday!  Family time at the park, then, just for Aunt Karen, a little ice cream break!!





We walked/ran a mile after playing at the park and before going to ice cream.  Troy kept saying he was going to make up shirts that say "I Run for Ice Cream" for the kids to wear!  :)


Reward, at last!




Day 250 - The hubs bday!  We slept in, he ran a long run, church, lunch at Little Donkey (very terrible quality photo below of that), relaxed, then...wait for it...a trip to Costco!  Lovely!



Oh yes, and leftover Tiramisu!  We had a little bday dinner for him Saturday night and I made Tiramisu, it was...so-so, but we polished it off on his bday.

Look at those boys and how their smiles are so similar!

Pic at Little Donkey


Day 251 - Emily decided to ride her bike!!  Back in April, she was SOOO close, but we let go when she was not ready once, and let me tell ya, that's all it took.  She gets her determination from her father.  :)  She has not been back on that bike w/o training wheel since (outside on one time when she would not even consider me letting go of her).  I finally talked her into trying and we prayed for courage.  We got on the grass, promptly threw ourselves on the ground to see that falling is no big deal, and she was off! Still working on getting started but i am SO PROUD OF HER!



So proud that I took her to get what I promised her, if she started really riding "the biggest lollipop I could find".  $8 later, all smiles!



No comments:

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson