Thursday, September 12, 2013

Oswald Chambers

I have always been a Chambers fan.  Re-reading "My Upmost" lately.  Here are a few quips, I have been chewing on for a few days:

*If you are not doing the task that is closest to you now, which God engineered into your life, when the crisis comes, instead of being fit for battle, you will be revealed as being unfit.  Crises always reveal a person's true character.  -OC

(I feel like my crises might include spilled milk, or when my children are not acting like they should...its those times of being "out-of-control" that define a crisis for me.  How about you??)

*God's training ground, where the missionary weapons are found, is the hidden, personal, worshiping life of the saint. -OC

(What about the days that I "don't have time" to worship....)

*Jesus did the most menial of everyday task, and this is an indication that it takes all of God's power in me to accomplish even the most common task in HIS WAY. -OC

(Do I wash dishes His Way, fold clothes-His Way, Bath my kids-His Way....Love my husband and children- His Way?...)

*The warfare is not against sin; we can never fight against sin-Jesus Christ conquered that in His redemption of us.  The conflict is waged over turning our natural life into a spiritual life. -OC


Hope you find some encouragement from those quotes as I have.

Blessings!

No comments:

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson