Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 287, 288, & 289 (10/14-10/16)


Day 287 - She is doing so well with her utensils!


mmm, yummy quinoa and yogurt and blueberries!

still good!


A Little too good!  :)

Day 288 - Talking about the "Wise and Foolish Man Parable"this week.  They built a house together.




Day 289 - Well this day will go down as a bad mommy day.  I "lost it" so to speak early on while doing school with Emily.  I shamed her.  I yelled.  I pitched a fit.  I made her cry, uncontrollably.  I was mean, and relentless.  I got myself together and apologized.  Pulled that sweet girl in my lap and told her I was wrong.  That she is wonderful and smart and amazing, and God has such big plans for her life.  That I pitched a grown-up fit and that we do not get what we want, even at 33, by pitching fits.  That I did not use self-control and I asked her to forgive me, then I asked God to forgive me.  And she did, and He did.  The cross is amazing that way.  Although I know I will blow-it again, I pray for God to repair my harsh words, and soothe her heart in places I have broken it.  Ugh, just looking at this sweet face makes me wonder how I could ever be anger at her!

So later in the day, we had a tea party (I was trying to make-it-up to her) while we studied History and when the Babylonians took over Assyria under King Nebuchadnezzar reign.

No comments:

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson