Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Catching Up

I know it has been over a week since I have posted anything. I apologize for that, but Emily and I were busy preparing for Daddy's return. We had all these things we wanted to complete before he came home, as a surprise. Here is our list of things, so that you can be as proud of us as daddy was:

* Stained the cabinets in both the Master Bath and the Guest Bathroom

*Painted the front door, and shutters brown

*Took down a set of plaques that Troy despised and replaced it with a frame that is holding 3 5X7 photos of Emily

*Repaired the two shelves in the guest room that my father and Jennifer Brewer broke months ago, and re-hung them. :)

*Made the window seat cushion for her room (FINALLY)

*Shopped for Christmas and wrapped everything

*Had someone come and give us an estimate on some renovations we would like to do

*Purchased beautiful bronze fixtures to replace our dated gold ones, also purchased a light fixture for the guest bath (by the way, I purchased those fixtures at home depot during a one day sale, and received 60% off. I paid 49.00 for fixtures that normally cost over $100!!!)

*Worked a ton on her baby book

*And all the routine stuff (clean the house, work some, feed Emily every three hours, run, workout....) You get the picture.

Here is a picture of the cabinets that I stained. The darker color is the color I stained everything.




Last week we also had to drive to Montgomery for my Board/Staff Christmas lunch. She was so good for the entire event. Here is a picture of her at my office. It was her first day to "work" at Lighthouse with mommy. Although she will not normally be there with me, I had to take a photo of the event:



Friday night, Emily and I attended our Home Group Christmas party. We had such a good time, hanging out with all of our friends. Here are a few pictures from that:



Also at the party, were Molly and Matt Jackson, our worship leader and his wife. He is in a band called The White Oaks, and they are just getting started, so I thought I would put in a plug for him. Here is a picture of Matt and Molly:






Sunday we went to lunch after church, here are some pictures of the Brookin's girls holding her.

We also had the Regions Flight Dept. Christmas party. While we were there, Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Nate kept Emily Bear. We purchased a Bebe Pod for her, and she tried it out that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carianne...you are the most industrious and hard working person I have ever met...your name should be Emily! I cannot believe how much you get accomplished with a 2 month old!

The Stinson Family said...

You are sweet. This was over a 3 week time period. But I love you for saying all of that!!!

Faye Brown said...

I am so proud of you. I agree with Suzanne that your name should have been Emily. But, at the time I gave you the name I had no idea of what an industrious young lady you would be. The pictures of my sweet Emily are adorable. I can't wait to get my hands on her at Christmas. I am so glad that Troy is home and you all are a family together again. Enjoy her first Christmas, every minute of it. Before you know it she will be sending you pictures of your little grandchild at her/his first Christmas. God is soooo good. He has blessed me so through you and Matt and your sweet families. I love you, Mom

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson