So Lori tagged me, and I am not good at these things, nor do I succumb to "tags" often, but since I love Lori so, I decided to be "like a reed in the wind" (as my beloved Pastor would say).
So here goes:
Rules first:
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6).
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below).
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1 ~ I am typically more like a steel post in the wind, rather than a reed, but the Lord happens to be working on this particular characteristic in me right now (I know some of you are applauding right now, I could probably name all of your names too).
2 ~ When I was a little girl I lived in an underground house. (Troy always teases me and says that me and my family probably had long finger nails, and teeth (like moles), and wore helmets with lights on our heads to see). This, of course, makes me laugh. He also affectionately refers to this said home as the "mole house".
3 ~ While living in this "underground home" I was in elementary school and each week I would set out my outfits for the week by hanging them around my bedroom with signs that stated which day I would wear them. (I probably had those underwear that had the days of the week on them too).
4 ~ Troy and I had a 7 week engagement. We were, ready to get married, for reasons that are not polite to mention on public blogs.
5 ~ While eating my food, I eat one thing at a time. I typically will start with my least favorite and more to my favorite item on the plate, hence "saving the best for last".
6 ~ And keeping with my tradition of saving the best for last:
I was fired from my first real job. I was a dental assistant for a dentist in my hometown. I was 16 years old and I worked one summer for him as a dental assistant. The first two months were tumultuous at best. I would get very nervous, and sweet behind the big protective eye wear and mask. I made it through letting a lady get too much nitrogen (she started crying, so it clued me in that something was not right, a little oxygen cleared her tears right up), sucking up numerous cotton gauze, messing up amalgam fillings. But when I did not mix the cement for a crown, fast enough, and ruined a $1500.00 crown, that was the straw that broke the camels back. He had a "talk" with me and told me that it just wasn't going to work out. Devastating. :( However, dentistry still intrigues me to this day, but I do not think that it was in His plan for me. :)
Whew! Done! I tag Abbey, Jenn, Molly, Suzanne, Jodie, Karen and Ashley.
Okay so that's 7 people, you knew that I would deviate from the rules somehow. :)
P.S. These are really the only blogs I know of, so if you are reading mine, and have a blog that I am not aware of, leave me a comment and let me know. I would love to spend MORE time on the computer by catching up with you. ;)
2 comments:
This really is a good way to find out about other blogs and to find out about you! :-). Don't worry about getting fired from you first job, I got in a car accident in driver's ed. That is pretty much the same thing, right?
I loved your post. It brought back several bitter-sweet memories. I personally hated the underground house. I wouldn't call it a mole-house but I would call it the sweat box. It was so damp and hot in the summer (contrary to everything people had told us it would be). I was so glad when we moved back to town. I was so tired of driving that 17 miles to work and school everyday. (Past the hog farm.) Remember the day we had to give Mrs. Fralish a ride to school? I do remember the ritual of setting out your clothes. You were very rigid about what you wore and that everything matched. I quit picking out clothes for you when you were 7. I only paid for what you picked out. You never liked my choices in your clothes. I was never the fashion mogel. I must say my taste in clothes has improved over the years. And, YES, as your mother, I would agree that you are much more like the steel post than a reed. But, I love that about you. You always stuck to your guns if you truly believed in something. But, God knows best and if He wants you to bend more than He will accomplish that in your life. I love you, Mom
Post a Comment