Wednesday, January 28, 2009

15 Month Checkup

We finally had Emily's 15 Month checkup this week. I completely forgot to take the camera, so there are not any shots of the event, but I did manage to get all of the stats this time:

Height: 31 1/2 inches (75th %)
Weight: 21lbs 14ozs. (30%)
Head Circum. 18.75 (90%)

She has only gained a pound since October, which I thought was weird, but he was very pleased with all of her growth. He is such a neat Dr.; he comes in and asked me to brag on her. Well, of course I am itching to tell him all of the things she can do, but I am prepared to be modest. When he gave me permission, well, I just went for it. Yeah! Love Dr. Stone! He said that she is way ahead where he expects her to be at this age, and to keep up what we are doing.

Couple of things that I will brag about (mainly for documentation so I can put it in her album when I get to this page):

*She can say a little more than 30 words
*I cannot count the number of items she can identify.
*She signs, with regularity, 15+ signs.
*When I count, she interjects 3, 5, 6, 7, and 10 in the correct order

One funny thing happened. When he started to leave he said "I love you", and she blew him a kiss and gave him a kissing sound that I don't know how to type. It was so cute, and she did it so fast, without really thinking about it!

We are still have nap issues. Sunday she took a 1.5 hour nap, Mon: 45 min., Tues: 1 hr. So, I am not thinking pushing the naps to one is working very well. I have tried, each of those days (with the exception of Sunday, which is a crazy day) to put her down later in the morning (11:30, 12:30), but the problem is she only sleeps a short amount of time, then wakes up and cries so hard that I think she might gag. I let her cry yesterday after she woke up for over 30 mins. I finally went in and held her for 15 mins or so and just let her catch her breath.

I think today I will try putting her down for an early nap again, and see if she can get at least 45 min, then try for an afternoon nap later. I did talk to the Dr. about it when we went. He said that it is a behavior issue, and to let her cry (BTW, he is not FOR babywise). He just said that she has to realize that she must nap, and it is a battle of the wills. How does a baby break your will so fast!!! :)

No comments:

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson