Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Zoo

We bought a zoo membership in December (thanks Glen!) and we were finally able to go yesterday. We have been trying to go for a few weeks, but Troys job (which I am not complaining about!), or the weather have prevented it.
Today: Sunny & High of 72 = Beautiful Weather for Zoo Day!

It was so fun to see Emily say the names of a few of them. She especially liked the "goose", "keys" (Monkey), "kitty cat" (Bobcat, this was her favorite), "goat" and the "roo" (kangaroo).
Can I just say that I get creeped out in the reptile room... Ewe!I thought this seal had a great personalityNot sure what this is, but he is beautiful!Roo!Anyone that knows me, knows that monkeys are my favorite. We could have stayed in the Monkey area for hours! This little guys just cracks me up!This guy makes me want to cry. Why, oh why is he all alone?!?! Apes are "social" animals, this fella needs a friend!Pippy Long Stocking anyone?She walked, most of the time. The energy this child has is amazing!Emily, amazedShe liked the flamingosGoose. We went back several times because she kept saying "goose". We called this goose "Gossie", there was also a "Gertie", but he was camera shy.
Beautiful creaturesWow! She loved, loved this "kitty cat". He paced back and forth and she chased him, it was funny.Clearly, she likes this guy...These animals are ready for some head rubs!Petting the Sheep

Eating her sandwich afterwards.This is the only time she was in the stroller. Take a close look at those knees. She fell once when she tried to run towards something.

1 comment:

Faye Brown said...

I am so glad you all enjoyed the zoo. The Birmingham zoo has been my favorite since I was a child. Like you, the money island was where I could have stayed for hours and it took all the courage I could muster to go into the reptile house but when I was little the tropical sanctuary was in the middle of it and I loved the peacefulness of it. The picture of Troy and Emily gazing at something in the glass is so amazing. It is so her and so him. You are a great photographer. I love you, Mom

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson