First, Emily caught a tummy bug and was couped up all day last Friday, so on Saturday we headed to the zoo...
That night, I was down with the same bug, so we had to skip church Sunday. Around 10am, I felt better and just wanted to be outside, so we packed up and went to the park for a picnic. I mainly sat and watched (with not a ton of energy available, and I certainly did not partake in the picnic fair).
Last week, we worked fast and furious on the house (have an appt. to have the pictures taken next Monday, can you believe it???), and I worked in Montgomery on Tuesday. Troy was down all day Wednesday...with, you guessed it, the stomach virus, and picked back up Thursday on house stuff. It also seemed to rain all last week, which was a bummer, and meant that we were stuck inside a bunch, but we tried to stay fashionable and cute while we were inside...
Saturday, we had a great run through Homewood to look at houses and get a feel for the neighborhood (we are hoping to move to Homewood or Vestavia), then that night we went out for Mexican, and Emily asked, in the sweetest way, for a cupcake for dessert. Mommy immediately thought of Edgars. On the way, I was dreaming of how yummy a slice of Edgars Strawberry cake would be (my favorite). We arrived 5 mins after the closed, and I thought I just might cry. We ended up going to publix to get her a cupcake. She loved it. BTW - apparently cupcake sugar is an almost immediate energy boost. She ran around the living room for almost a solid hour before we made her calm down for bed.
This week Ems and I are traveling to Ozark to visit Grandma, Poppy and Meme. Hope to have some pictures of that to share when I return.
No comments:
Post a Comment