Thursday, March 18, 2010

Trip to Ozark

Emily and I had a fun and relaxing time in Ozark, minus a few temper tantrums from my girl who was apparently trying to see how mommy would react with so much family around. Think she figured out that I am more stubborn than she is, which is why I am even using the word "tantrum" in relation to my girl at all (sniff...why don't they just get the good qualities from us?..oh yeah, because they need the Lord too...life is hard). Let me say that she throws very few tantrums, and for that I feel very blessed.

Anyway, we had FUN! Monday we arrived around 1pm, and Emily napped for a few hours while I caught up with Meme and Mom. Then we were lucky to see cousin Chandler ride a horse...




This is "Little Man", a Quarter Horse that Chan-Man has been riding for over a year now an he is getting pretty darn good...






Let me also say that it was much colder in Ozark than it was supposed to be!






Tuesday we went shopping for flowers and did a little yard work at Meme's...
Then we Emily and Meme made a Valentine's cake. *Side note - My grandmother has always made us grandchildren Valentine's Cakes, now she makes them for the Great-Grands, all 8 of them, and for the unmarried grands too. But she wanted to wait until Emily could help make her cake, so that's what they did, and Emily loved it...
Because Meme let her do this...
After her bath (who's idea was it to bath her THEN let her eat cake?), she got to enjoy the fruits of her labor...
Wednesday we visited with Grandmother Brown and Aunt Nancy. Then we went to a very Dangerous store that I learned about from here. I did not come out of there empty handed lets say. Then we packed up and came home.
Emily was full speed the entire time we were there. She loved seeing all her family and playing at Meme's house. Can't wait to see everyone again.

No comments:

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson