Friday, June 11, 2010

Beach Trip 2010

We took our annual beach trip last week and boy did we need it. We love the Seaside area, but cannot afford it, so this year we opted for a house in Grayton Beach. We loved having our own pool and being so close to the beach, but would really love to sty on the beach next year, if we can find something reasonable.
We love the beach so much. Waking up there, having coffee there, having wine there, running there (minus the biting flys), eating there...etc. I could go on...

It was the perfect time to go with a newborn. He slept through most of it, although he did decide that he like to be held and would cry if we put him down, so we just held him. ;)

I think my favorite part of the beach was waking up and drinking coffee outside. Followed closely by the night time walks on the beach. I really could just live there.
My sister-in-law let me borrow this awesome little Peapod, for Ben. It was where he lived on the beach, and I would give good money for one, if I ever had to buy it. Life Saver!
Ahh, a little wine by the pool, with hummus and pita chips. If we didn't have children, this picture might look a little different (more sophisticated setting), but thank God it looks exactly like it does. I love my life!

Ems swam while we relaxed.

We headed to the beach each day by around 9am, and left by 11 or 12pm. Snacks were always included...


The first two days we were chased away by big storms, and soaking wet by the time we made it back home, but man were they beautiful to watch rolling in...



Look at that sweet boy...


Ems has been talking about a swirly lolly pop for months (thanks Aunt Stac for putting that picture of Ellie in the calendar. ;)) So we told her we would find one at the beach. She enjoyed every last lick!

Really...



At night we would go back to the beach and play in other peoples sand creations. This was some sort of fort, we enjoyed walking in it...

We built our own creations everyday too...

Ben, happy in his Peapod
There were many Fishing Charters that departed from out part of the beach.
This was the scene when they would come back in. Emily loved watching the fish, who am I kidding we were all mesmerized by these huge fish. (I know they are normal size, but I have never caught anything this big).
She loved the pool, and apparently my watch...

One fact about Grayton Beach: there is a large strip of beach where you can drive your vehicle, if you have a permit. Not what you would typically expect...


Emily and I created a painted plate with her hand print and Ben's foot print made into fish. I would like to do this every year. I will post a picture of the final product later. Emily was great help...



Beautiful
The last day on the beach the waves were really too high to be in the water much, and all that surf brought in sea life, so we took advantage and caught some...


This little guy was none too happy to be in that bucket so we released him...


When the ice cream man drives by your house 4 times a day, everyday, you must buy ice cream!



The last few days we were there, they began working on the inlets, bringing in 50-75 truck loads of sand in to build a burm (spelling?), to protect them from oil. Emily loved watching all of the work in action...








Pay no attention to the girly glasses on my son, boy he is going to have a fun life!




No comments:

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson