Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What in the World Have We Been Doing??

Well, I haven't been blogging, as you have noticed. Sorry. I have been adjusting to life with two kiddos, and Ems has been adjusting to having a sibling in the house. It has been just that, an adjustment for both of us, which has led us to the Lord I must say. I never thought I would lose my temper so easily, but I have. I never thought I would be asking Emily's forgiveness so often, but I have over the last month, and I am very humbled by the fact that we need God and His Spirit constantly to help us. I have learned one very important lesson, I am weak, and I need my Savior to redeem the mistakes I make as a mother. Thankfully His mercies are new everyday, and my sweet little girl loves me anyway.


So, on to the pictures.
5/20/2010 - We met up with the Rhodes girls for a walk on the trail, grabbed Chik-fil-a and headed to Homewood Park for some fun...


Sweet, fearless, Sara

My girl..






They played so well together. Must do that more often...

5/22/2010 - Had breakfast in Mtn. Brook with daddy, then took a trip to the zoo for the first time with Ben..

Huge turtle at the zoo that Emily loves to stare at...





Hey, you lookin' at me???





Emily loves the "idea" of water, but does not follow through when we are at the zoo (okay, that rhymed, I know).




5/25/2010 - Visit to Silver Lakes
Emily "checking" on Ben...
Ben chillin' in the shade.

Ems pushing Ben to the lake...


My girl gets so stinkin' hot!


Calling Daddy to tell him about our trip. One of my favorite stories from this day, is when she told Troy on the phone about losing her ball. She had thrown her ball into the woods which was behind a fence and has a stream running through it. I told her that I was not sure that I could get it b/c there might be snakes. I, of course, went in anyway and as she retold the story she said "Daddy, mommy went into the snake pit to get my ball for me, wasn't that nice of her?"

My two kiddos...hanging out on the back porch...

5/26/2010 - The DeKruyff's came to visit.
Don't you just love when you make friends that last a lifetime. Candyce and I became friends while working together at Lighthouse. She has some of the cutest, sweetest kids, and I was so lucky for them to come visit us and meet our Benie Boy.
The kids played in the pool...

Sweet Katie...

the sprinkler...

And the pool some more...

5/27/2010 - Dr. Apt and visit to McWane
Ben had his 3 week check-up on 5/27/2010. He weighted a whopping 9lbs and 3ozs (thats 2 lbs and 3oz that boy has gained since birth!), he was 21in. long and I have no clue what his head cir. was. Dr. Stone said all looked great and we will go back at 2 mths for another visit.
Ems was enthralled with the warm water balloon used to warm up Ben's feet for blood draw.

Ben, not too happy to be naked and laying down...

On our way to the beach we stopped through Montgomery to spend the night with Mawmaw and Pawpaw. Saturday morning, Emily woke up before the crack of dawn, and went outside with Pawpaw for an early morning "hike", as he calls it. She ended up catching her first fish, holding her first chick, and feeding all of the ducks.

Troy and I had coffee and watched this. Beautiful...

Man, I could eat them up...
Here is her fish...

Yeah!!


Holding the sweet little ducky...



Letting the duck "swim". btw - this duck was dying b/c it had a limp leg and its mommy was not taking care of it, which is the only reason Pawpaw let Emily hold it. I believe it went to sleep shortly after our visit. Poor thing.


Beach pictures sometime in the next month... ;)

No comments:

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson