Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas

We started our Christmas festivities on Christmas Eve, with an early morning run and a trip to Krispy Kreme with the Brookins girls, AnnElise and Olivia (the trip was actually for Olivia's Birthday back in November, but we had to postpone until Troy returned from Flight Safety).



Later that evening, after Troy went out to get, just a few more things, we attended our Christmas Eve service at church. Followed by dinner at the Ross's, which is a annual tradition.



Finally it was Christmas morning. We woke up early, with coffee and a fire. Our presents:

Hyde; Milk Bones, and a squeaky toy. Troy; Running Gloves, Running Shirts, movie, Charlie Brown Christmas cd, wine, crossword puzzles, chocolate, pictures for his desk at work, teapot. Emily; outfit, and two books. Carianne; Pants, dish detergent holder, candy.


After our presents, we cooked breakfast and took it to the hospital. Nate was on call and had two women in labor, so instead of them coming to our house, we loaded everything up and headed to Brookwood.



That afternoon, we headed to Montgomery to have Christmas with Troy's family. Emily got great gifts. I received my favorite gift there. My sister-in-law, Stacy, had taken pictures (baby part pictures) of Emily last week, when she kept her for me. She framed it, and gave it to us for Christmas. It it so beautiful. She did such a good job.


The day after Christmas we drove to Ozark to spend time with my family. There is always a house full, and this Christmas included 2 babies.


Later that evening we drove back to Montgomery to have dinner with Josh and Jenn Brewer and their two boys (one of whom Emily must marry).


The End. Whew!
A friend asked me yesterday if I was feeling better, this was my response:
"Um, if you call running to the bathroom in Wal-Mart, only to make it to the trashcan in electronics (to throw up), and the cashier guy looking at you like you were crazy, but then being really sweet and telling me where the bathroom was, and not to worry about the puke in his trash can, better, then yes."
I am actually feeling much better today. I think my tummy is still a tad weak, but my fever is gone and I feel more human today.

1 comment:

Faye Brown said...

As I sit here at 4:30 in the morning because I could not sleep, worrying about things I can not control and whining to the Lord about why my life is not "perfect", He directed me to your site. I looked at things which reminded me of how good He has been to me and my children. The beautiful grandchildren He has given me and family and a loving church family and friends He has given you. I was overwhelmed with greatfulness. I am so ashamed that I do not recognize His blessings with every breath that I take. I am also ashamed that I did not call and check on you yesterday. I am so sorry that you are still sick. I will say a special prayer for you this morning. I love you and I am so grateful that God has blessed you so. Mom

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson