I decided that I needed to run today, and since Troy was flying I had no other choice but to take Ems. (Wow, she is heavy going up and down those hills!).
So, off we went! Across the street to run. When we got back to the van (huffing and puffing, I might add), we went straight for the playground.
It started off well; Emily, played with rocks, Hyde pooped and peed all over every tree and park bench, like a good boy.
All of the sudden, Hyde takes off towards the pond (this is the same pond where we had the incident last year when Hyde chased after some ducks and Troy entered into a word match with some lady screaming at us, telling us to "Get your dog away from those ducks" at the top of her lungs, on a Sunday morning, sounding as if she had already had a few.)
So I grab Emily and run as fast as I can yelling for him to stop. Only he doesn't. He runs after the ducks, and into the muddy pond. Augh!! (Thinking to self: how am I going to get him home muddy, stupid dog!!)
He finally returns and I take him back to the park and tie him to a swing. Telling him how bad he is the entire time. (Obviously I was not done taking photos of Emily, and he needed to dry off, so tied up he was).
I look over and he is chewing on his leash. I say: "Hyde you might as well just sit, because your not going anywhere". Ha, Ha! he says as he chews through his leash in less than 5 minutes!
He..got to ride home in the trunk of the van!
When we got home, he had the pleasure of receiving a nice cold bath.
1 comment:
Oh wow! i would have been so mad! Although, ducks and black labs don't mix. He was trying to "retrieve, mom!" Lol.
Post a Comment