Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring is in the Air



Can I just tell you how much I LOVE this time of year? I love the flowers blooming. I love the smell of pollen (yeah, I know, weird...). I love being outside. I love weeds, wait no I don't, that would be the only thing I don't like about this time of year.


I am blessed to have escaped the aggravations of seasonal allergies, so pollen does not effect me, and allows me to fully enjoy Springtime.


I love to garden, always have. I am not that great at it, but something about digging in the soil makes me feel closer to God, so quiet and peaceful. I am thrilled that Ems loves to be outside as much as I do. We have spent the last week outdoors as much as possible.


Today we are going to purchase our vegetable garden! Yipee. I know it is kind of early but I can't help myself (I will just cover it if there is another frost). Since we did not plant one last year (b/c I thought we might move), I am itching more than in years past to get it put in and watch it grow. Hoping to have pictures of that process soon. Emily will actually be able to help me put it in this year.







We purchased sidewalk chalk a few weeks ago. These are pictures of Emily's first time with it. This picture below is one of my favorites. "Typical" Emily. She gets enmeshed in whatever she is doing and has such a serious look on her face. I believe that she forgets I am there sometimes. Love this girl.

No comments:

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson