Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ben's Story

Here is Ben's Birthday in pictures. I finally got them all uploaded.

**Please note that the following is Ben's Birth Story. Most details will not be divulged, but I will explain a bit about how the events unfolded.**

Anyway, the day started out normal, woke up, still pregnant, and Troy was leaving out for a day trip. Emily and I ate breakfast, did schoolwork, and then we played at home. After lunch we headed to Silver Lakes for a little play time outside, and to visit out frog, turtle and duck friends. Halfway around the pond, about 1:30pm, I felt as if my water broke, but I was not 100% convinced. Either way, I told Emily that I had to go potty, and we needed to head back home.

Once home, I was determined to make sure my water had broken before calling everyone. So, I did a few squats and it became apparent that my little boy was indeed on his way. I called Troy first (who had just landed back in Birmingham), then mom (she has 3 hours to drive), then Nate. Nate answered "you better be in labor: ;) I explained that my water was broken. We agreed upon a plan of action and lastly I called Stacy (Troy's sister, who came up and took pictures of the event, how awesome!). Then, of course, texted all my friends.

Stacy arrived in record time and here is where the pictures began...

Making phone calls...(contractions were still few and far between, but I was not working to get them started yet. My goal was for my mom to make it from Ozark to stay with Emily before heading to the hospital). Em's watching for Grandma...

Making Ben's hat. (we decided on his name the night before and I decided that it would be fun to share his name by putting on this embroidered hat). I did redo it 2 times b/c I was a tad excited and not thinking straight.

My little helper...



Mom arrived around 5:30 (also record time). I showed her everything that she needed to know, and we said our goodbyes to Emily, not before she prayed for me and Ben. (I love that sweet girl).
On the way to the hospital, I decided to time my contractions. They were 3-4 min. apart, but not very painful. We stopped at Chik-fil-a so Troy could grab some dinner, and arrived at Brookwood around 6:45pm.
Once we arrived, they wanted to monitor contractions and Ben's heart rate. This was the only time they got me in that bed, until I had to push of course. I tend to have back labor, and cannot lie down once contractions are intense.


My sweet nurse, putting in a hep lock, just in case.


Troy and Nate, well, being Troy and Nate...
8:15pm, timing contractions. They were noticeable, but as you can see, I am still able to smile through them.





Transition began for me around 9:15pm. Contractions were picking up and I was focusing on every one of them. I was able to tune the rest of the room out as I labored. This was a much different labor than with Emily. Transition with Emily required complete silence by everyone in the room. Thankfully (for the bystanders) , I was much for relaxed this time.
9:59pm Nate decided I could push, so pushing we did...





After 4 mins of pushing, Nate said to stop, while he cut the cord off of Bens neck.


10:05pm our sweet son was laid upon my chest for the first of many times...
Smiles all around...

Sweet feet...
Getting weighed

Man, I love him so... My sweet fellas...

Holding mommy's fingers...
Beautiful...
Love, love this picture...

Ben's birth timing, and experience could not have been more perfect, just like Emily's. God truly is "on time"

2 comments:

lizzy said...

so sweet girl!

mjs said...

the sweetest thing :)

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson