This picture was taken in the morning, so we had not even brushed hair yet, but this has been the scene at our house for the last two weeks. Emily LOVES her little brother.
Not to say that we have not had our times of jealousy, but she is enamoured with him. She prays for him every night, without being prompted. She says the sweetest things to him, like "your the presh" (whatever that means -I think precious). "I bless you", "You are my favorite", "I just love you so much", "hey little brother, I love you, love you, love you", etc.
Life with two is somewhat what I expected. I am getting used to 5 hours of interrupted sleep every night, and my emotions are getting back to normal. Even with Troy being gone most every day and many nights since Ben's birth, I have been able to get us into a "flexible" routine. I have not figured out when I am going to have time to exercise, now that I can start doing some of that again. And, those naps just have not found their way to my house, since Emily has decided that she does not need a nap anymore (she did actually take 3.5 hours yesterday, but my mind was reeling with all the things I needed to do around here!). God has been faithful, and has help me each time I have asked, and many times I have failed to ask.
These children are such blessings. I am so thankful that God has chosen to place them in our care. What a privilege!
No comments:
Post a Comment