Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Nap? No Way!

Okay, so we are trying to follow Babywise. Everything has worked perfect, except for the naps. My little girl does not like to nap unless she is in someones arms, in her car seat (while the van is moving) or laying next to someone. Nice huh? She eats every three hours, she sleeps GREAT at night, but napping is not her cup of tea.

Most of it is my fault. I started late on the napping part of the program. Then once I began, I was not very consistent (it is so hard to hear her cry). BUT, I know that being able to lay her down at anyone's house, and her sleep like a pro, is worth it's weight in gold!

So, here is where I need your help:

First, please pray that y little girl will start napping well.

Second, give me all of your ideas (by adding a comment), on how you got your little ones to nap.

Please don't slam me about Babywise. I have heard all of it, and we still have chosen to go this route so don't waste your breath. :) Sorry to be blunt, but I need help, not judgment right now. :)

Thanks!



Oh, one last thing...



Yesterday, I was sitting down while she was eating, and I heard the inevitable "poop" sound. Simultaneously, I felt something warm, and heard a splatter. Nice! She managed to poop straight out of her diaper, onto my leg, and onto the floor. There was a nice puddle of poop on the floor next to me (Thank God for Hardwood Floors)! So, later that night, when she spit up on Troy, I told him that it COULD be worse.



Here are some pictures of our visit with Ella and Suzanne Williams...





1 comment:

Faye Brown said...

I would never slam you for using Babywise. You and Troy have followed your heart so far and done beautifully. All I had when you were little was prayer and tears. I did have a doctor who wanted to give me Valium and,of course, Dr. Spock. I personally believe that Dr. Spock is largely responsible for the mess we have with children today who are raised by parents who believe only in praise and no discipline and who believe that all children should be winners in every competition. About the napping advice, the only thing that worked for you is persistance. My biggest problem was guilt when you were crying. I did do one thing that helped me feel better. I picked a spot in your room where you could not see or hear me and sat with you while you cried. (Often I cried with you.) At least it made me feel like a better mother because I was sharing your anguish with you. Eventually, your crying fits became shorter and shorter and finally you went down with no fits. I hope this helps. I will pray for you, Troy and my sweet Emily. I love you all, Mom

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson