We drove to Montgomery to spend Thanksgiving Day with Troy's side of the family. My sister-in-law wanted everyone to write down, on a strip of paper, what we were thankful for. She wants to start doing that each year and hold onto them. I personally thought that is was a good idea. So I decided to share what I wrote and some other things that I am thankful for:
*A Father who loves us so much, that He makes our plans for us. He guides us and is with us even through tough times (like when we lost our job last year), and continues to prove His faithfulness, even when we fail to be faithful back.
*My Handsome Husband, who is a terrific daddy
*My sweet baby girl
*Our supportive Family
*Troys new job
*Awesome friends who are like family
*Terrific Church family
*Health
Okay, I guess I could go on and on. But basically the Lord has blessed us with a ton to be thankful for, and He is Worthy to be Praised.
One more thing...
I must confess that I made a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. It was a new recipe... Well there was more to this story than I can post, but basically, I failed to refrigerate the pie when we arrived in Mtgy. By the time we ate the pie (5-6 hours later), it was more like a pudding consistency. Troy's mom gave him two slices of pie, one of her slices (nice and looked like pie), and a slice of mine (looked like blob of pudding). Troy says, as she places it in front of him "what in the heck is that", (referring to my blob), and laughing once he realizes that it is mine. To which I respond by calling him a jerk, and laughing it off, although I really meant it. Then I chose to be offended the rest of the time there (thank goodness it was the end of the night so everyone did not have to endure my sour attitude too long). Anyway, all of this to say that I should have just laughed it off. It WAS funny that my pie was a flop. But I CHOSE to be offended.
We constantly have choices. A choice to respond in kindness, or a choice to be offended. A choice to bless, or a choice to curse. I chose to be offended, which was the wrong choice.
Friday morning I read Beth Moore's blog and this is what the Lord had her write "Remember this holiday when “together” seems like “too-much-gether” to let people off the hook easily because you’re not dependent upon them to affirm you. Christ does that for you. Make a choice to laugh things off instead of taking an offense. Have a blast because God is good."
Wow. Sorry baby for missing that one. I could blame it on post-partum, but that would be an excuse. I was just living in flesh. Thank you for forgiving me so freely!
No comments:
Post a Comment