Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Anniversary Weekend

Troy and I have been married 5 years. It seems to have flown by, yet I cannot remember much of life before he entered, which is a good thing. Life before Troy was tormented, muddy and desperate, at best. I chose to live in a muddy pit that I had dug for myself, and wallow there for years. Years of bad choices, and consequences. Then the Lord brought this awesome man in my life who would settle for nothing less than a Godly woman, Praise the Lord! So I chose to turn from my wicked ways and follow after the Lord, for the 4th or 5th time, but this time "it stuck".

The Lord has used Troy so much in my life. He has been an earthly example of forgiveness and grace. He never desired a woman like me, who had the past that I have. Yet somehow, the Lord gave him the grace to love me, and forgive all of that stuff. Troy helped prepare the environment that I needed to feel the Lords forgiveness and redemption.

Thank you, my sweet man, for loving me unconditionally, and for allowing the Lord to use you in such a mighty way. Who knows where I would be without you. I pray that I would be a blessing to you. I pray for 60 more years next to your side. I feel honored to be your wife. I love you with all that is in me. ~ Marianne

I had a night of surprises for Troy on Friday night.

1. A flat screen TV, so that we no longer have to go to other's house to watch certain movies.

2. I drug my parents all the way to babysit Emily for the evening (no drugging required, I said the word, and there was NO hesitation. I have never heard anyone as excited to drive 6 hours before). :)

3. Reservations to The Globe; a restaurant in Tuscaloosa Alabama, that he has wanted to take me to for over a year:






He gave me beautiful diamond earrings:


4. Not a surprise, but we went to see The White Oaks play at a club downtown called Workplay. Our worship leader at church is a member of the band, and we love their sound (kind of folk/alternative/bluegrass, all with a three-part harmony).

5. A hotel room, because he was grateful but a tad disappointed that parents would be at the house on our anniversary night. :)

Saturday morning, we grabbed Starbucks and Panera Bread for breakfast.

Saturday afternoon, we ran, and went to the park for a picnic lunch with Aunt Cheryl and Bella.

Two tired children after the park:

1 comment:

Faye Brown said...

What a sweet tribute to your wonderful husband. We too feel so blessed that God brought him into your life just in time. He has been such a blessing to all of us. We truly loved our night with our Emilybear. She is such a cutie and so looks like her Grandma :) The six hour drive seems such a small price to pay for the joy we get from spending time with you all, especially her. I hope that when I am retired that we can make that drive much more often. I love you all, Mom

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson