Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bearden Family Reunion 2008

As the tradition goes (for 9 years in a row now), the Bearden Family, once again, gathered at Burke Cove for a family-packed, fun-filled, family reunion.

This was Emily's first year to experience the shin-dig, and she had fun, for the most part. She was running a fever on Thursday (102.2), and most of the day Friday. When it lowered to 99, I hopped in the van and took off, hoping that it would not gain strength and rise above 100 again. She did run a low-grade fever most of the weekend, and therefore was not herself. She was more susceptible to total breakdowns then I have ever seen her before. Not really the "first-impression" I wanted to give my family of her personality, but there will be time later to show how sweet she normally is.

I had a great time, as always, and I am already looking forward to next year. My family is very close and we typically get along very well. We are a rowdy bunch (especially during the football games), but we love each other, regardless of what team is being pulled for at the moment.

Here are a few pictures of the weekend:

Ems


Emily and Evan (Evan is 5 mths older than Emily)


Still Playing...


Meme, Samantha, and Emily

But I can play football too!
Emily and Evan playing Dominoes

Center of Attention
Emily LOVED Samantha. She reached for her, and would whine if Samantha handed her to someone else.

Me, Emily, and cousin Chandler in the water (Yes, I have a life jacket on upside down. You cannot touch here at this dock, and it is the only way to be totally secure while you have a baby in the water.


Emily and Aunt Pam
The CrewEmily and GrandmaSarah, Kim, Clair, and KalaYeah! Another baby to love on
Emily in her Auburn outfit
Ems and her DaddyTroy, jumping off a rope swingI do NOT like this jacket!!Yeah! Daddy loosened this jacket that had a death grip on me!

No comments:

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde
First Born Stinson