Christmas Morning is here. This truly is my favorite time of the year. I love all of the decorations, sitting by the fire, food, family, generosity, presents, and most importantly, spending time remembering that Jesus came into this world to save me from my sins.
My sins. As I have grown older, I have learned a very important lesson. It seems that my nature is to make excuses for, justify, and even "forget" my sin. Mainly I just try to pretend that what I do or did, was not sinful. This may seem crazy to you, but it is my modus operandi. How strange, to go to all that work, when God only wants us to say to Him, "I sinned when I..., and I need your forgiveness and keep me from doing this again?" Then He reminds us that He already knows, and that Jesus has already PAID for those sins, He forgives me, and He won't remember it again. (1 John 1:9). How easy is that?
Nope, I want to spend all the time trying to pretend that I am not a sinner, and God just shakes His head (my assumption).
Over the years, I have learned to go to God with my sins more easily. I have become more aware of my sins, which means I talk to Him a whole lot more. :) But when I release those things (confession of sins) I want to hold so dearly, a wave of peace, acceptance, love, and mercy wash over me. A fresh start.
We all need fresh starts. We all need to be loved. We all need to be forgiven. We all need to be FREE from our sins. We all need to be free from the burden of carrying them around (which, by the way, is what satan wants us to do; carry our sins, becoming overwhelmed, depressed, heavy, burdened with guilt and shame). Thank God it is as easy as a confession!
So today, I remember the little baby that was born in Bethlehem, lived a blameless life, then died for my sins, so I could be free of them. Thanks Jesus.
1 comment:
What a beautiful thing to read first thing on Christmas morning. God's Christmas gift to me this morning is the reassurance that my children are His and that they are in His loving care every moment of every day and for all eternity. What better peace for a mother at Christmas. I love you all, Mom
Post a Comment